Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Laos A New World To Explore

While I have only been back for a week or so, much of what I have pictured about Laos when I was in Australia was wrong. Many things have changed, and many opportunities have presented itself. Laos has many things to offer, but we have to do the right things at the right place, with the right people and at the right time.

I was going to do business straight away, but I realized I need to learn the system first, which is very different from other countries (not surprising). Much of it should be left for you to see for yourself. Laos right now is growing at a very promising rate, the level of education is improving, and even though the traffic is still a problem, I can say that driving conditions have somewhat improved.

Buildings, apartments and businesses are growing like grass, everyday you see something new, or buildings getting higher. This shows that the economy is growing, and employment is on the rise. More cars are in the roads, roads are being built, and traffic police is doing a better job at directing traffic.

Land and real estate prices are on the rise, but I believe that as long as this growth trend continues, property prices are still cheap. At Dongpalan, we can still see homes despite it being in the central of Vientiane, but in the next five to ten years, this road will only have buildings, and those who hold land there will get 10 times the price of land now.

what is a concern is less people are farming, and more people are migrating into the city for jobs. More people are interested in manufacturing and service jobs. Agriculture land is decreasing as well as people in working in this industry. Thailand and Vietnam is moving towards industrialization and services, so agriculture and the food industry will be most attractive soon.

This is just my opinion from my observation, but not at all fact. Hence, for those who read please read with cautious as this is not a recommendation to do anything, but just my personal diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment